Government regulations 2023 require packaging users to understand the proportion of pre-consumer and post-consumer recycled waste in their packaging. Post-consumer waste relates to packaging that is disposed of in a residential bin and its removal is paid for by a Local Government Organisation.
• Corrugated cardboard boxes are entirely manufactured from fully recycled paper, the split is 85% post-consumer recycled waste and 15% pre-consumer recycled waste.
• Corrugated board boxes with a Kraft paper outer layer are 68% post-consumer recycled waste; 12% pre-consumer recycled waste and 20% virgin wood.
Declaration of Compliance to the Packaging & Waste Directive 94/62/EC & RoHS
We certify that all the packaging supplied by Aylesbury Box Company complies with the Essential Requirements of Directive 94/62/EC on Packaging and Packaging Waste, amended by Directive 2004/12/EC. We are, therefore, compliant with the Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS).
Aylesbury Box Company declares to the best of its knowledge, from raw material data supplied by our suppliers and control of our processes, that no hazardous or noxious substances are employed or are present in our products.
The sum of the concentration levels of lead, cadmium, mercury and hexavalent chromium, that may be present in the papers we use, does not exceed 100 parts per million by weight.
Declaration of Compliance to the Conflict Minerals SEC Dodd Frank Section 1502
Section 1502 of the Dodd-Frank Act was signed into law on July 21, 2010. Manufacturers must provide disclosure under Conflict Mineral Provision if “Conflict Minerals are necessary to the functionality or production of a product manufactured”. Conflict Minerals include 3TGs (Tin, Tantalum, Tungsten and Gold) that are found to be financing conflict in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) or an adjoining country (collectively known as the “Covered Countries”).
Aylesbury Box Company declares that it does not use any products that contravene the Dodd-Frank Act.
Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation & Restriction of Chemicals (REACH) Regulations EC no 1907/2006
Our packaging products do not contain Substance of Very High Concern (SVHC) present at ≥0.1% by weight and therefore do not come under REACH regulations.
Under the Regulations, we are required to provide this information to our customers so that they can pass this on down the supply chain.
Labour, Modern Slavery, Child Labour & Freedom of Association Declaration
Aylesbury Box complies with the Modern Slavery Act 2015. This concerns our operations and the companies in our supply chain. As part of this process, we can provide copies of the Modern Slavery Policy of our suppliers that exceed £36m turnover.
To ensure compliance, we:
• Actively avoid any form of forced or compulsory labour.
• Do not employ anyone under the age of 18 except for limited work experience positions. These opportunities are provided in agreement with their school and parents, to enhance the student’s education.
• Check employees’ paperwork to ensure these policies are upheld, including proof of age and proof to work in the UK.
• Follow all UK labour laws and wage regulations.
• Do not employ migrant workers, withhold employees‘ paperwork during employment or restrict employees from leaving our employment.
• Encouraged employees to report, without fear of recrimination, anything that contradicts our Labour Declaration.
• Ensure there is no discrimination in employment or occupation, and all employees are free to join labour associations and have the effective right to collective bargaining.
• Offer all employees a contract in a language of their choice.
We are keen to demonstrate publicly that we are an excellent employer. This Declaration is supported by our Mission, Vision, Purpose and Values Policy; a public document that is available on request.