All Set for E-commerce Fulfilment
The busiest sales period of the year is fast approaching. As a growing e-commerce business, you have prepared your product lines, sorted your stock and prepared a winning marketing campaign. The orders are coming in.
Isn’t it a wonderful feeling when customers fill an online shopping cart and complete the payment process? You feel great and they are filled with eager anticipation. The minute their order is confirmed, they can’t wait for the goods to arrive.
So, are you undertaking all pick and pack services in-house, or outsourcing to a fulfilment partner? Either way, efficient processes are essential for quickly dispatching the goods. If you keep the customer waiting, their excitement can swiftly turn to frustration.
Top Tips for E-commerce Fulfilment
- Invest in good quality delivery boxes as they will minimise the risk of damage to goods in transit. In turn, this will lower the volume of returns you have to manage, as well as helping to retain the reputation of your business
- Don’t use the same sized delivery box for all orders. It takes longer to pack boxes when you have to use a lot of filling materials, customers aren’t impressed by packaging waste and you may have to pay more for postage.
- To reduce plastic waste, consider shredded paper and other sustainable fillers when you do need additional protection around your goods.
- Basic flexographic print designs can be included as part of the box manufacturing process. This is a very low-cost means of branding your e-commerce deliveries.
- Don’t let your customers down. If you are struggling to keep pace with deliveries or have reached capacity in terms of stock, a local fulfilment company can provide exactly what you need. Their services will also free up your time to work on other aspects of your business.
How Aylesbury Box Company Supports E-commerce Fulfilment
A crucial part of the process is a reliable source of good quality delivery boxes and suitable (ideally sustainable) packaging filler. Run low on boxes and the entire process grinds to a halt. This is where Aylesbury Box Company can assist.
We work with e-commerce businesses and fulfilment companies to ensure that there is always a sufficient supply of quality delivery boxes. We assist our customers in the following ways:
Quick Turnaround of Packaging Boxes
If a bumper run of orders starts to deplete packaging stock, Aylesbury Box Company quickly actions the manufacture of replacement boxes.
Part Order Delivery
If there is the risk of a local e-commerce or fulfilment companies risk running out of stock before their full box order is ready, we will deliver part orders to help keep things ticking over.
For larger customers, we agree to manufacture boxes in advance and store them on our premises until they have sufficient space to take stock.
Aylesbury Box Company has agreements in place to undertake regular warehouse stock takes for some customers. This monitoring service helps to minimise the change that one missing element will hold up the entire packing process.
From small start-ups to multinational online retailers, Aylesbury Box Company can assist by reliably producing and supplying quality e-commerce delivery boxes. For more information, contact us on 01296 436888.