Be Original with Bespoke Boxes and Packaging
The market is flooded with goods and competitors. With so much choice, consumers can afford to be picky. As a business, you need to use every available tool to help your business stand out from the crowd. From exceptional, personalised service, through to bespoke boxes and packaging, attention to detail and a customer-led approach is essential.
Bespoke Packaging to Attract Interest
For years, marketing teams have been shifting focus towards delivering a more personalised service. There has been greater emphasis on enhancing customer engagement. If you get this right, your customers become advocates for your marketing efforts.
These lessons are transferable to your packaging design. No buyer is going to get excited about a standard delivery box, but if you develop bespoke boxes, your packaging can become far more than a means of transporting your goods.
Provide unique design solutions and attractive printed packaging and your brand will start to attract interest. Buyers will be intrigued and willing to switch from a less appealing brand. A change in packaging design could:
- Build Brand Awareness – Use print to add your logo, brand colours and social media profile to boxes. It’s an effective way of becoming a more familiar brand.
- Make your bespoke boxes into collectable items – Unusually shaped boxes and beautifully finished designs will encourage customers to find alternative uses for the box. This keeps your brand in mind, whilst also reducing packaging waste.
- Turn a practical item into something fun – cardboard is a versatile material. Provide a cut-out template as part of your box design to add interest and character to your packaging.
- Encourage buyers to get active on social media – promote a hashtag, social competition or challenge to help spread the word.
- Increase the perceived value of the goods inside – shoppers expect to pay more when they see stylish box design and high-quality print finish.
- Make the opening of a box more personal and memorable – colour, design and messages can make that the experience of opening a box as exciting as the joy of unwrapping a gift on Christmas morning.
Bespoke Packaging Design for a Niche Market
Bespoke boxes can be highly effective if you are targeting a niche market. With a very specific audience in mind, you can develop an idea that appeals to their tastes. Will they be drawn to quirky packaging, indulgent print or quality detailing? Can you add humour, messages or loyalty vouchers on the inside to make unpacking the box more interesting and personal?
Bespoke packaging can also be highly effective for new product launches, limited edition runs or seasonal promotions. If you are planning to showcase your range at exhibitions and events, a unique box design can encourage engagement and get people talking about your goods.
A box manufacturer can work with you to create packaging design, print and finish that meet the exacting requirements of your product ranges. The entire process, from initial planning, through to delivery, can be undertaken in-house. A box manufacturer will understand every step of the process and be able to advise on the best ways to achieve your packaging design ideas.
This is quite different from a packaging supplier, who can offer you a choice from what they have in stock. With a supplier, there are no in-house facilities or expertise to create bespoke boxes. They might outsource your brief to a box manufacturer, but you will then pay a premium for the service.
If you are keen to reap the rewards of bespoke boxes, Aylesbury Box Company is an experienced manufacturer, with a passion for meeting customer expectations. Contact us today on 01296 436888.